When We Are Closed
GP surgery closed? Need urgent medical advice? Not sure what to do? Make the right call and call 111.
What to do when the GP practice is closed:
- If you need medical help fast but it's not an emergenc call 111
- If it's a life-threatening emergency call 999
- Calls to 111 ar FREE from landlines and mobiles
- 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year.
When to call 111:
You should call 111 when:
- You think you need to go to A&E ortoaoter NHS urgent care service
- Your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don't know who to call for medical help
When to call 999:
Call 999 for life-threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
Will my usual GP be informed of my contact with NHS 111?
We will be informed the following day of your contact with NHS 111 and any treatment provided.
Other Local Services:
You can also access Primary Care 24 (PC24),right next to the Emergency Department at King's Mill Hospital, provides a walk-in service.For more information click on the link Overview - Primary Care 24 - Kings Mill Hospital - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Your local pharmacy can also offer you advice and treatment if required for a range of minor ailments. Under the pharmacy first scheme, if you are exempt from prescription charges, you will be able to get the same medicines the GP would have prescribed free of charge for head lice, temperature/fever, sore throat, earache, teething pain and pain relief for toothache.
To access the service go to your local pharmacy first pharmacist.